What it means to be a member
VillagesOKC members receive a variety of benefits to help them actively age at home. Explore our membership benefits to learn more about our senior living services and amenities:
- We are connected by one number to call for any service we need. Members have access to a Preferred Business List.
- Villages help build a pool of services, both volunteer and available paid vendors. Together we develop trusted resources for most activities that may become hard for Villagers to perform.
- We believe the more we know, the better we age.
- We plan regular seminars and workshops for our village members – for example, technology assistance for phone/computer/tablet/TV; information on Medicare supplements; Oklahoma gardening, and more.
- GIFT Workshops - Gathering Information For Transitions. This program is designed to help us all be better at caring for each other, engage in more productive and loving conversations, and ensure that we are in the driver's seat when it comes to our needs being met in the event we are the ones in need of care.
- VillagesOKC has initiated a Brain Health Movement - seminars led by Brain Health experts at MindRamp - such as, "This is Your Brain on Music," "This is Your Brain on Chocolate," and "Take your Brain Back to School."
Watching Out for One Another
- We foster friendship and guard against loneliness. We know and trust one another, and share a common purpose to age gracefully.
- We have regular meet-ups – Village coffee hour; a monthly potluck; trips to the museum or theatre; among other informal activities. Some even participate in a health-check buddy system where needed.
Calling the Shots
- We are self-governed by a member board, with regular Village business meetings where members vote for services and programs.
- We endorse planning for aging and end-of-life.